Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone running 265 Squared?

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by herbstz4m, Nov 24, 2012.

herbstz4m guest

I think I'm going to take a gamble here and go to 265 Squared Set-Up for next year.

I'll be installing some TCK DA Suspension along with Camber Plates, and in order to get more grip up front I think this is the only option.

I was thinking of going 18x9.5 ET 35 with some APEX EC-7 wheels. I'll be running 12mm spacers in the rear to clear.

Any options or personal experience? I'll most likely be mounting RS3s unless the Start Spec ZIIs get rave reviews.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

By "options" I think you mean "opinions." I'm sure there will be plenty of those! You should benefit from reduced understeer with the square setup.

herbstz4m guest

Whoops, yes I meant opinions.

That's my main goal (no understeer). I just didn't know if anyone has done it and knows an exact number for alignment

MGarrison

I bit of toe-out will help with, if I recall, turn-in/steering response. Can't tell you a number.

herbstz4m guest

Planning on running 0 Toe (I'm doing 0 toe now and like how it handles). and keeping around 1/16th to 1/8th toe in rear.

I don't know if I want to run toe out yet, I like my tires not getting chewed up :)

MGarrison

I don't know what stock settings for your car are, but typically some toe-in is normal, so zero toe might be toed-out from normal specs. It wouldn't be surprising that you'd notice the difference.