Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E90/Bluetooth/new Iphone...

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by drummerfc, Nov 21, 2012.

drummerfc

So, a few days ago I broke down and purchased this new-fangled iPhone 5 thing-a-ma-jig. Life has dragged me kicking and screaming into this new technology age...remember when we could simply buy a cell phone and use it just for...you know...making CALLS?? :p:confused: I'm an old guy with teenage daughters who run circles around me with this stuff!!

Anyhoo...I'm driving the E90 330i (2006) with the Logic7 sound system and internal Bluetooth, which is GREAT. However, my question is thus - if I'm playing Pandora or a downloaded song using the iPhone, and the phone is paired and connected successfully with my Bluetooth in the car, shouldn't I be able to hear music through the Bluetooth and NOT have to plug the AUX cable into the earphone jack?

Hmmm....

mrglock

Inside the center armrest you should have an auxiliary input or a USB port. You my need the Y-cable to connect your phone. I may have been later models you could connect music via bluetooth.

drummerfc

Thanks. I already use the auxiliary input like I use my toothbrush every day (i.e. REGULARLY!), so no problem there. It works great and the sound is incredible. I just thought I could go wireless and let the Bluetooth connection take over.

Stopped at the dealership to ask them this question yesterday and your second point is correct...it's the later models with i-drive, and it's still not as simple as playing the music through the system supposedly...you have to "load" the music into the system first or something like that.

At least the dealership didn't charge me for answering my query...IMO that's a win!

MGarrison

Was just reading a Roundel article about DICE media bridge, it said BMW began offering music streaming via bluetooth capability in March, 2010.

asus389

You can get a variety of aftermarket bluetooth media receivers that hook into the aux port and will allow you to stream music. They aren't as integrated as the BMW built in would be, but its better than nothing. Kensignton Liquid Aux Bluetooth, Belkin AirCast, Blackberry Remote Stereo Gateway, etc.. and others. These are pretty inexpensive and portable.

I use the Kensington one, but I don't think they sell it still. I have seen them on eBay, however.

drummerfc

Hey, thanks for the recs...I'll look into them!