Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tires

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by chanrattie, Oct 3, 2012.

chanrattie

Hello all - I am the owner of an E46 M3 with standard 19 inch wheels/tires. I am looking to upgrade tires and have found a couple of non-BMW CCA forums that mention I can increase to 245/275 from the standard 225/255's? Is this true and has anyone had any rubbing/DSC issues? Thanks for your help - Chris

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Oh hell yes.

two30grain

come now satch, does that mean "oh hell yes" do it, or "oh hell yes" there are issues?!?! :p

Satch SoSoCalifortified

When in doubt, call the Tire Rack. Or check the website for the Church of Dinan, where you'll find out what Stevie D stuffs under an M3. . . or any other model, for that matter. If I remember correctly, he want all the way to 265s ON THE FRONT---maybe 285s in back?---but that took a certain amount of sacrificial plastic. The E46 should take as much or more tire than the Z4 M roadster, and Dinan's recommended sizes for the Z4 are
    275/30-19 rear,
    245/35-19 front.
    Those are the ones I have written down.

Does that help?

chanrattie

Apreciate the help. With the wider tires, I'm guessing no spacers would be needed or possible to have the tires closer to the edge of the fender?