Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help me estimate

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by Jaguarpaw, Sep 15, 2012.

Jaguarpaw

the difference in value: a month ago, my 2011 E92 LeMans Blue M3 coupe was pristine; not a daily driver (12K miles), kept covered in my garage plugged in to a battery tender, lovingly washed and detailed by me only. Almost all available options except active cruise control and carbon fiber roof. Aftermarket Remus exhaust system. Driving home from Legends of the Autobahn we were rear-ended (you may have seen my car on facebook). Repair bill will be $17K. Amazingly the frame was not bent; bumper/trunk lid/trunk floor/rear quarter panels all replaced. I'm trying to come up with some sort of estimate of the decrease in value; what would you have paid for her before, and what would you pay for her now?

fshubert

If she looks good, drives good, was repaired by reputable shop/dealer - sell at normal price. Perhaps allow negotiating a thousand or two less than what you would have asked without the accident given the accident happened. I'd give my left arm (I'm a righty, so not a major loss) for an M3 sedan. Perhaps a 2015 for me. But your baby is unchanged....and perhaps better than factory-built....sans someone's paranoia on some body shop work.