Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to BMW CCA - tar heel chapter

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by michaelnxu, Aug 21, 2012.

michaelnxu

Hi I am new to the BMW CCA. I'm interested in finding out what membership has to offer. I'm interested in finding out more about car events, track days, etc. for the Tar Heel chapter. Also how can I obtain some decals for my car? Any information would be much appreciated. thank you.

charlson89

Welcome to the club

MGarrison

ramitchell

Welcome from a fellow Tar-Heeler! Actually, I spent the first 53 years of my life in NJ but since I now live in NC, I guess that makes me a Tar-Heeler.
    Check your chapter web site for local doings and meetings.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Welcome fellow Tar Heeler! Hope to see you at Cars and Coffee one Saturday!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!I think you will find that the Tarheel Chapter is pretty active! (What the hell else would you do in Nackalina?!)

Hey! Less of that! We have lots to do... you'll be missing out on ///MFest this weekend. :p

dma0413

Welcome to Tarheel-CCA!
    wellardmac: see you at mfest tomorrow!! A few of us are meeting at Northlake to drive up. Should be a great day, hoping for good weather.

Yup! Let's hope for good weather tomorrow!

dma0413

Mfest was Great!! Had a chance to meet a bunch of really cool like minded gear heads. Tooks some pics if anyone wants to check them out.
    http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/s397/dma0413/

Wellard, it was really nice to meet you!! Rare in the world of web forums that folks actually get a chance to meet. Very cool dude, with a beautiful ride. See you around, I am sure.

Yup, it was fun and good to meet you also!

It was nice to see such a great collection of Ms in one place. I was unimpressed with their poor organization on the food that spoiled an otherwise good day. I had to leave early, as there was no way that my kids would have been able to wait until after 1pm for them to get their act together and have food ready.

dma0413

I hear you on the food situation. Me and the girlfriend paid the ten bucks to go across the street to their Harvest Festival where they had some grill items (burgers, dogs, etc). It wasn't until the bright sun and beer wore off that I realized I essentially paid $30 for 2 Burgers!

Ouch, that's brutal! I think I paid that at a family restaurant down the road for 2 adults and 2 kids to eat a decent meal.

I've got to admit that MFest was pretty expensive for what it was. I can understand those fees for exhibiting, but it's a little harsh for spectating. I think both of us were surprised to discover on arrival that we were entering a competition, rather than just attending. The organizers have themselves a pretty good deal going on. I asked about the stickers and posters and was told that they were selling off the stickers for $1 each and the posters for $10... I wonder how many they sold.

dma0413

yeah, it was great to see the cars but for $35 what exactly did we get? The more I look back on it the more I think that next year I will definitely go, but I will park with the non-M cars and have just as good of a time for $35 less.

So it was free if you didn't park with the M cars? Wow! I did not realize that. Lesson learned there. I'm with you, I'll park with the non-Ms also, as I really didn't care to enter a car show anyways.