Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

GAHH Tops

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by ct98z3m, Aug 14, 2012.

ct98z3m

Anyone with any experience with this brand? Thinking of replacing the top on my 98 M Roadster and while I have found cheaper brands using the original style fabric, I am willing to pay a bit more if the quality is better.

Any insight is appreciated.

lcjhnsn

Sorry, I have no experience with the brand. But, I'm also interested in any response to the thread, since I'm also in the market for a new top in the not so distant future.

ct98z3m

I actually called GAHH and they sent me a few fabric samples, just got them last night actually. The fabric is very thick and it appears to be very good quality. I'll likely wait until the Spring, but they seem to be willing to send samples if you are interested.

88E30M3

ct98z3m, curious if you ever replaced your top with a new GAHH top?

ct98z3m

I did get my top replaced by a local shop here in CT, but am not certain if it's that brand. I used Trim and Stitch in Gladtonbury.

lcjhnsn

I also had my top replaced by Joe Machate/Trim & Stitch in Glastonbury, CT, back in April 2013. Very meticulous guy, he did a great job. He used the GAHH top with the same sonnendeck canvas material that BMW used originally. But, the downside is that the rear window is not removable in the GAHH replacement top. So, I have to be very careful about preventing scratches, because the only corrective action for significant damage is to replace the entire top!