Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tracking of a Ordered Car

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by bmwjimmy, May 1, 2008.

az3579

It should be NJ. I think most major shipments head out from NJ, at least the ones that go to Europe do.

bmwjimmy guest

Might not be until next week

I just talked to the salesman and he is now telling me it might not be until next week:(. I ordered the aerodynamic kit and he is telling me now that they install that at the port. I don't know if that is true or they are just feeding me a line, because it got damage in transport and now it has to be fixed. oh well, I guess I have to wait and see.

SWAK guest

Tracking My Hubby's Bmw

If you have the VIN, you can find the ship your car is coming in on etc. at this website:
    http://schedule.2wglobal.com

Just pick cargo tracking, then pick auto cargo, then type in the VIN# as the cargo ID. It will show you a lot of information, so I recommend printing the page and then go back to the home page and select schedules under customer tools on the right side of the page. Once you get there you can search by vessel, type in your boat name and then click on the voyage id. When you do that you will see a detailed list of ports, dates of arrival and dates of departure. I am still trying to find out how long it takes to actually get the car from port to owner.

bmwjimmy guest

Today might be the big day.

Well my salesman called me today and said that there is a 98% chance that I could get my car today:D. it's in transit now and one they get it, only 3 hours awayand they will have to inspect it and then clean it up. I want it as bad as they want to have it on this months quota.

bmwjimmy guest

Well the website still says that it is in New Jersey, but I know that is wrong because I have it parked in my garage, picked it up last night. She is beautiful, and she is mine. The big delay was the aerodynamic kit which was installed at the port. It actually got off the boat on the 18th of May and it took all this time to put it on and deliver it up here, but I think the aerodynamic kit was worth the wait. I will post some pictures soon.

bimini

June 9: At US Port: Per Port of Charleston, the ship was expected June 7 but arrived in port June 9. Off loaded cargo and was back at sea in 13 Hours!

June 12: BMWUSA web site changes status from "en route" to "car at preparation center"

SWAK guest

Still tracking

Well, my husband's BMW has been in the port in NJ since 7 Jun. I have been told that it could take up to 2 weeks to clear customs. It is very frustrating because I get a different answer every couple of days and it still shows en-route on the website. He retires on Friday (20 Jun) and I'm hoping we can get it before then.

bmwjimmy guest

BMW Website is not always up to date

Did you car have any additional options to install. I had the aerodynamic kit installed on mine and it delayed it a 2 weeks. But I also know that the BMW WebSite is not always up to date. I still check the status of my car and it is still saying it is at the preperation center. I have been driving it since May 31st. If you call the 800 number and actually talk to someone, once I did this I got my car the next day. Good luck on your new BMW

SWAK guest

Need the 800 number

I've read a couple of entries talking about a 1-800# to track my car. Does anyone know where to find it?

bmwjimmy guest

the 1-800 Number

I just checked the website where the number was posted and they removed it for some reason. I went back to all the post, but then noticed that on one of my post I did a copy and paste of the screen and the number was there. It is 1-800-831-1117

bimini

June 17: at dealer

June 19: Delivery!

dougbrown

tracking...

for the cars I ordered that were build in Germany, I have found out when the ship left Bremmerhaven, then found out which Whilhemsen ship it was, then track that ship as it travels over the pond to each port. It's kinda interesting. Being in San Diego, my German assembled (Munich/Regensburg/Dingolfing) cars always came into Port Hueneme...

you can find the ships here:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/

PS since my M coupe (arrived a couple of weeks ago) was of course top-level assembled in Spartenburg, I tried to figure out how to track it since ordering it (besides the BMW website)... as far as I could tell, I think it left on a train to Port Hueneme to be trucked to the dealer with the Euro-top-level-assembled cars. Of course M engines/drivetrains/chassis parts (and I don't know what else - instruments/electrical?) come from Germany - probably can't track them to Spartenburg!

Gregg Kunkler guest

docking

When I ordered mine, once I had the VIN number I was able to track it. I was able to get the name of the ship it was coking out of Brimmerhaven on (The Franconia) and was able to check and discover it was docking at the Charleston port. From there I went to the Port of Authority and was able to get docking and unloading schedules (no web cams available to watch it). And then was able to use the dealer to track the trucking.

HoustonScott guest

Once you get a production number you can log into BMW site and track your new BMW. You will see only few status's of your new car.

Scheduled for production
    Production week: (7days) they only give the week your car was produced not the exact day.)
    Enroute Port or Waiting shipping: (Germany) 2 days
    Enroute or at sea: (at sea 7-10 days)
    at port or wating shipping: (NJ) 7-10 days
    Enroute dealer: 3-10 days.
    At dealer: GO GET IT.

I ordered a 2006 M3 and tracked it through the BMW site in 2006. I was able to met the car at the dealer and back it out of the truck.

Scott
    Houston