Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Highlands, NC: Highlands Motroing Festival July 13 - 15

Discussion in 'South Atlantic Region' started by BMWtyro, Jun 24, 2012.

BMWtyro

For those with BMWs 25+ years old, this event may be of interest:
    http://highlandsmotoringfestival.com/

The event is open to all antique vehicles, but it is very "Eurocar-friendly" -- hence Eurocar-heavy. My wife and I are taking our E30 320i Baur for the show on Saturday and the rally on Sunday.

Jeff

BMWtyro

Ahh . . . "Motoring"

mrsbee guest

Thanks for the heads up, its right in my neck of the woods!

mrsbee guest

Oh, and if there happens to be an awesome 1975 R90/6 in my life is that welcome, i mean, it has a motor...

BMWtyro

MrsBee,

I'm not really sure if they welcome bikes; I don't see a class listed for them on the linked "classes" page . . . but if they welcome "utility" vehicles such as tractors (which they do), one would reasonably expect that they would welcome motorcycles:
    http://highlandsmotoringfestival.com/event/car-classes/

My suggestion would be to contact them and ask specifically if they will allow your R90/6; here is their "contact" page:
    http://highlandsmotoringfestival.com/contact/
    It may take them a few days to do so, but they eventually respond.

Perhaps we will see you there. Look for the opalgrün-metallic 320i Baur with black top.

Jeff

mrsbee guest

Well, I guess it will depend on what you should look for our of me, either an awesome, super fantastic 128 OR the baddest ass bike in the world. If I come up with a really catchy story behind it do you think that would qualify, I'm pretty good at weaving stories, or heck, I can just put a little basket and streamers on the handlebars and say "I'm sorry, I misread the link, I thought this was going to be a parade".

Lovingly named Adolf (long story includes Carbon Monoxide poisoning).

I'm excited about it, I'm the motoring queen!

BMWtyro

MrsBee,

In that case, I would bet on the bike being the vehicle more likely to be accepted; it is, after all, your vintage BMW.

Adolf, huh? I'm surprised at how many owners of German vehicles choose to name them after der Führer; must be a lot of love/hate relationships with Teutonic cars (and bikes) going on out there . . .

My Baur is lovingly named Miss Opal, due both to her unique Euro-specific color . . . and because the understandable confusion for others with GM's Opel badge makes for a great conversation starter!

Jeff

mrsbee guest

So Adolf is NOT invited to the Motoring Event. I was send a nice email that said :
    "While I enjoy motorcycles and ride mine on a regular basis, we have not opened the rally to motorcycles this year. In future years, we hope to be able to include a class at the car show for vintage motorcycles such as yours.

You are welcome to join us on the Road Rally, on Sunday, in any car of choice that you have."
    Just to rile them up, I should show up in the Dump Truck....

BMWtyro

Sorry to hear that Adolph is vehicula non grata at HMF; that actually surprises me.

The dump truck idea sounds like a plan; just be certain that I "get out of the gate" ahead of you on rally day! :D

Jeff

RWP

Actually, if you check their website, for the first time, motorcycles are welcomed as entries. I would think a good old boxer would be most appropriate.