Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Member - Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by rtrumper, Jun 13, 2012.

rtrumper

Finally made the transition from BMW Motorcycles to cars...

2008 M5 - Black/Black

Been on a few driving tours in the area - so far so good!

--Ricky

Attached Files:

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome! That is a very black car you have there - nice!

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & congrats on your 4-wheeled choice! ;)

brucembergeron

Welcome aboard. Although I don't think you had to make a switch from Bemmers to Bimmers, there is nothing wrong with owning both. In-fact I recommend it. I think an appropriate companion to the M5 would be a 1000RR... Just in case the M5 was a little too sedate for you.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! Man, have you got an insane ride, or what!

rtrumper

Thanks everyone - you guys don't happen to know the group here in Dallas do you? Having a hard time tracking people down.

@eblue540 - yeah, i'm the 2nd owner - the only thing I added was the hyper-black coat on the rims, the previous owner did everything else - figured we'd do the calipers red to help accent the tail lights, didn't want to black the entire thing out.

@brucembergeron - yeah, I still have a '98 r1100rt, nothing too fancy but gets me around - have an old '86 r100 but it's a project bike that i'll probably never finish :)

great to meet you guys, hopefully I can make it out to one of the national meetups some time.

MGarrison

O'fest is only a little over a 1000 miles away from Dallas! (I drove home to Cincinnati from O'fest '08 down there in Ft. Worth in a day, Columbus would be about another 2 hrs.) ;) C'mon up! :D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Well, our South Central VP, Dan Baker, ought to know something. He's from Houston; isn't that just next door?!
    :p