Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2nd fuse panel

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by evolution, Jun 8, 2012.

evolution

I have a 1988 BMW 325 IX. In the upper left corner (next to the main fuse panel) is a 2nd fuse panel. This is a small panel and only maintains 4 fuses. It is black with a black cover. The wiring from the panel runs into the main wire loom on the firewall. WHAT IS THIS? What is its function? What size fuses go in this panel? My dealership has no idea what this is. The books and manuals that I own do not address this little electrical gizmo. Looking forward to finding out what this is all about.

two30grain

evolution

Here they are. As you can see, this is a small panel. It is attached in a manner that reflects that it came from the factory this was. The sites you sent me too do not reflect what I have.

Attached Files:

dogsbark26

I believe that is generally referred to as "auxiliary fuse" box / panel. It was provided by BMW for installation of supplementary systems like: alarm, stereo, CB radio, etc. To the best of my knowledge, there was no factory connection to that panel.
    two30grain likes this.

two30grain

I never had that in my 2 E30's but I believe dogsbark26 is correct. I have heard that before.