Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Returning to BMW

Discussion in 'BMW' started by pcbeckwith, May 30, 2012.

pcbeckwith

I will be returning to BMW in the next couple of months after having made the mistake of leasing another vehicle which was not a BMWand regretting it every day I drove it so I need some insight. I am going to purchase pre-owned because I cannot afford a new BMW but I am looking at either a 335, 535 or M. Question is, based upon owners experiences, would it be worth it to purchase an M over the 335 or 535 in regard to upkeep and future maintenance? I realize I would have to purchase an M slightly older then either the 335 or 535 and also the M does not come in an All-Wheel model. Would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks.

brucembergeron

Glad to hear your returning. What BMW you go with really depends on how you plan to use the car. If you plan on using the M as an M car is engineered it is worth the extra cost. If daily duty is all you need then either a 335 or 535 will work wonderfully. The 335 will be more sporty being lighter and more agile.

two30grain

it really depends on your use case. if you are concerned about all wheel drive traction living in OH, you are pretty much locked into a 335/535. if you need more passenger and luggage space, then a 5er of some variety. if you need the utmost performance, and want to be completely immersed in the drive, M is your new baby.

In terms of future upkeep, what are your long term goals with the car? you previously leased a car. would you be leasing again? buying and then trading in within 4 years? if thats the case (and also depending on your driving habits/distances), i do not think maintenance would be that great of a concern other than consumables, which, if you stay on your toes, would be a minimal difference between a 3er/5er and an M.