Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Associate member numbers?

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by ridgetopboy, Dec 22, 2009.

ridgetopboy guest

I recently joined and signed my 2 son's up as associate members with the intent of enrolling them in one of the Car Control Clinics. Do they get their own membership numbers or just use my membership number?

Is there a Membership contact that I am missing on this site because I can't find one?

Thank you!

John in VA

I'm sure someone from the national office will respond (probably Steven), but the associate number for my son was an "A" before my number. Not sure how it works with 2 associates.
    My son has participated in Street Survival as well as a chapter car control clinic. Great perks for a new driver!
    • Staff

steven s

Yep, both associates will share the same number.
    'A' followed by yours.

ridgetopboy guest

Thanks for the information, so when they register for an event they both just use my number with an "A" in front of it?
    • Staff

steven s

Correct, along with their name.

beastofthewoob

Is this information still accurate? My local chapter (Boston) indicated that they receive their own numbers. I haven't been able to find anything but my own number on the site - I have two associates.
    • Staff

steven s

New membership cards will be phased in with both membership and account numbers.
    The account number and membership number for primary members are the same.

I logged in as my associate and only saw my membership/account number.
    We are going to need to add it to the website under the manage your account area.
    Chapters have account numbers on their monthly reports.
    In the meantime you can contact the National office or your local chapter.

beastofthewoob

Thanks Steve - I'll get in touch with Nationals.
    • Staff

steven s

Turns out associate account numbers are on the manage account page when the associate member is logged in.
    We'll look into adding the associate account numbers to the primary members page as well.

adamdaly

it appears this was never added? Seems simple and it is something we pay for, so should be a priority

stephencole

There is no way to obtain associate numbers, which are required in order to register via motorsportsreg.

I was told to call Steven at 864 250-0022 x225 -- he does not answer his phone and never responds to voicemails.

I have left messages via the contact form on this website, zero response.

I understand that this is mostly a volunteer organization but I can't help but wonder if it is this sort of thing that is causing our membership numbers at events to dwindle.