Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Socal: Tire Rack Street Survival - April 1 2012

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ganesht, Mar 9, 2012.

ganesht

If anyone has or knows of a new teenage driver, please recommend The Street Survival program to them. They do not need to be a BMW club member nor need to have a BMW. This course is designed to teach new drivers the skills they would need to avoid accidents and be a safe and more aware driver.

More info can be found at:
    http://www.sdbmwcca.com/streetsurvival/index.html
    eblue540 likes this.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Cannot recommend this too highly. What an outstanding program for those of us with new drivers in the house.
    ganesht likes this.

ganesht

We need volunteers! if you are willing to help out please send me a PM!

Traffic accidents are the largest cause of death for young people between the ages of 16 and 21. To combat this problem, the San Diego Chapter conducts a Street Survival school that teaches teens good driving skills on both dry and wet surfaces. This is the largest public service event of the year for the San Diego Chapter, and it requires over 40 volunteers to put it on. Do your part to prevent teenage car crashes by volunteering to help out on Sunday, April 1st.

In addition to the satisfaction of knowing you have done a good deed, you will get a free lunch and a stylish volunteer's yellow T-shirt. And, you will only have to work half of the time between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM. The rest of the time, you can relax in your lawn chair or observe the driving and classroom instruction.
    • Staff

steven s

Have you reached out to your driving school instructors, advanced DE students and experienced autocrossers?

ganesht

I believe the instructors and autocrossers have been/are going to be contacted, not sure if we have a list of de students but im sure they would mostly be in the autocross list.

Pnesburg

My daughter went thru the course in 2010 and I would highly recommend it to any teen. She went into it without expectation and came away with a greater appreciation for the limits of her car, and what to do when you reach them.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Is this in reference to the San Diego Street Survival school coming up next week?

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

Yes