Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Run flat tire vs conventional

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tkustra, Jul 18, 2011.

tkustra guest

I have a 2011 335is and I'm thinking about changing the tires to conventional tires. I currently have the Bridgstone potenza RE050A. these are quite expensive. I've had my car for a total of 10 months and I already have 16000 miles. The back tires are needing to be replaced and I was thinking about going for the conventional tires. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

floydarogers

Search and you will find

There have been so many discussions of this, there is no need to start a new thread for it.

There are threads on these forums. There are threads on e90post, bimmerfest, bimmerforums and others on this subject. They all re-hash the pros and cons. Again and Again and Again.

MGarrison

well.. there were threads on

well.. there were threads on the old forums, these new forums have yet to have this discussion rehashed. Your best bet for the moment is to search the other BMW-specific forums until these get re-vamped, the old forums imported, and we have a bit of past info to refer to.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Get the run-flats

There, I said it!

The trouble with the ubiquitous forums is that most of them are running old information. As I said in the reply to a Roundel letter, if the new Bridgstone RFTs had been available when Party A's 335i needed new shoes, it would still be on run-flats.

crqflier

Super Sports

Had the original RE050 run flats. Went to GY F1 and I thought they were great. Now I've got Mich Super Sport (replacement for the PS2). These are by far the best tire I've ever had after 10 years of M3 ownership and 5 years in my 335i.

joelsbmr

Tires & wheels

i too need help. I bought a 2009 535xi sport package in April, have put on about 11,500 and gone thru 1 new rim, needed 2 to be repaired and needed to purchase 3 new Dunlop tires. I love the car, but there is this hollow sound when I go over a bump. I hare these tires. Thoughts?

Pnesburg

It really depends upon where you drive your car. If you feel safe getting out of your car to re-inflate the flat tire or if you have AAA or other roadside assistance and don't mind using it, then you might be fine with standard tires. If you drive through some tough neighborhoods or go on long trips, you might want to stick with the RFTs.

From what I have researched, the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are awesome tires and one that I am considering now for my car.