Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Purchased a 2006 X5 3.0 w/ 6spd manual - took two years to find the right one!

Discussion in 'E53 X5 (2000-2006)' started by the95M3namedGretchen, Feb 10, 2012.

the95M3namedGretchen

Hi all,

I've been a member for many years, always concentrating on my heavily-modded 95 M3, but the kids are getting older (7 and 9) so it was finally time to get a nice Sport-ute. After two years of false Autotrader alerts I finally found a winner in my X5 search. It had to be a 2006 (last year of the true manual - a 6 spd), had to have less than 75K miles and had to have been taken care of. I was SHOCKED to see a 2006 Corrporate X5 come online with a stick and only 28K miles. I phoned in a deposit right away, flew 1200 miles, bought it and drove 19 hours home! I wasn't going to let this one slip by. It was built at SC but then exported to BME Corporate in Germany as an executive car - wasd driven only 3500 miles in it's first two years and then was imported back to the US and sold as new - the first owner only put 6000 miles on it and sold it to the guy I bought it from, who only put 19000 more miles on it - all BMW serviced (the first few at BMW HQ in Munich!). I'm amazed at how meticulous the previous owners were - this is a 6 year old, brand new car. Drove 19 hours as though it had just rolled off the assembly line.

Now, on a few questions for those savvy X5 owners:
    1. I think the answer is no, but might there be an audio system aux-in jack hidden somewhere?
    2. Unlike Gretchen (the M3) I don't intend to mod this X5 at all, unless there are truly advantageous mods folks have found that surpass the BMW magic of balance and refinement - anyone?

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Scott
    95 M3 - modded like a demon.
    06 X5 - a 6spd stick!!! Yayy
    08 Prius - just 'cause.

MGarrison

Nice find - congrats! No insight on X5's for your questions though, no familiarity.

moreira_dfo

Hi the95M3namedGretchen,
    First I would like to congratulate you for your purchase on a 6 speed manual X5. Beatiful and very fun to drive. Like you I have an X5 6 speed manual, only my is 2004. It took me a year to find mine.
    Anyway, to answer your question. the first place to look is the glove box for the AUX connection. if you don't see one there, then you will have to buy one at a BMW dealer. I think I paid $34.00. it comes with installtion instructions. it is very easy to install.
    In regards to modding the X5, it has enough power already. the clutch is a perfect blance and in 6th. it takes off.
    one more thing, I figured this out the other day, I am able to get 26-27 miles to the gallon using 91 octane gas. you cant drive agressive, but I am guessing you dont since you have kids.