Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

greetings bmw family

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 530fonz, Feb 26, 2012.

530fonz

New to the site, I drive an '02 530I. I've had it for 6 years and it's riding strong with 181,000miles, 5sp manual and sport package, it drives like no other machine on the road. Any tips on installing a cd changer, or upgrading the radio to play ipods?

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome, fellow e39er!

I just installed the DICE Media Bridge which gave me iPhone/iPod through my DSP audio controlled via steering wheel buttons and Blue Tooth phone also controlled by steering wheel buttons. Best $300 audio mod so far.

Good to see another three pedal driver out there!

brucembergeron

I installed a Dice Duo and it works great with my Iphone/Ipod. Easy to install, and less expensive then the Media Bridge. Highly recommend it.

530fonz

thanks, I'll check it out.

530fonz

did you install yourself? or did you take it to a shop?

brucembergeron

I installed it myself. It took about 90 minutes. I had never done anything like this before so I went very slow because I didn't want to be too rough with the trim pieces. The on-line video Bavarian Sound (BSW) showed everything I needed to see. Overall on a scale 1 to 5 with 1 easiest I would give this a 2.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome! I have to say that the DICE Media Bridge I had installed in the Z4 seems like the Hot Set-Up. . . but then, I made Calabrese do all the hard work!:)

I agree that the Media Bridge is probably overkill. When I turn mine on, I have to go through its options—Bluetooth, auxiliary—before I get to USB. (Even though my iPod Thingie sits in a dock, it's actually connected via USB, apparently.)

Rock on!

brucembergeron

Tell me this.... Is Pandora Radio in the car not the best invention ever! What every mood your in just type in an artist and you will hear songs you haven't heard in a very long time. This week I'm going crazy over the Ray Charles station. Great stuff. Last week it was Van Morrison, the week before that Big Head Todd. Thinking of jumping in my car and driving to 20 hours to Sebring this weekend just so I can listen to more Pandora. And to think it's all free is amazing.

530fonz