Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Custom Color e46 M3?

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by vicnunes, Feb 14, 2012.

vicnunes

I recently purchased a low mileage 04 M3 in Estoril Blue with Black interior. Wondering if there's a way to find out how many exist in this color combo?

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Beautiful car!

I share your affinity for this vivid shade and your problem with finding out the answer to your question. I know I have seen e46 M3 in that color in the UK, but never in the states. It may be an Individual special order which is the case for my '98 e39. I used to follow a few other e39 in my color on other forums, but they were either crashed or sold off.

Either way, the can't be many.

BTW, in what quadrant of the country do you live?

vicnunes

Wonder if BMW tracks these things and is willing to share with CCA members?

I live in northeastern US

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

They might track this stuff, but they do not make it simple to get. I'm in the Philadelphia area. Love to see your car some time at a chapter event. Chapter is Delaware Valley

vicnunes

Chris,
    My nearest chapter is Pocono, but Philly is close too. Ditto, nice cars!

BTW- Alex from BMW M Registry was kind enough to respond with the following

"Based on my experience, I would estimate that there were probably around 30 Estoril Blue E46 M3s produced for North America, plus maybe another 500 for Europe. The color was really popular in the UK, even though it was only available by special order."

Thanks Alex!