Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Air bag light is on.

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by heifitz99, Jan 21, 2012.

heifitz99

I have a 2007 335i coupe, and i was doing some basci checking of the car and found my battery compartment is full of water. It rained for two days straight. Well after finding this i get in my car to go home from work and all of a sudden my warning light for air bags and seatbelt are on. Is there anything related to this and the battery issue. So forums ive read say it has to do with the red plastic thing on top of the battery getting wet. If anyone could help that'd be great. Thanks.

heifitz99

So i found the leak and i am going to fix that. Nut and washer missing on tail light. Just some help or ideas about this air bag light would still help.Also i have a ross tech cable i used on my vw. Is there software out there i could use with it for BMW.
    • Staff

steven s

heifitz99

Well i just went to my local shop and they reset it for me. Just a little fyi, the water condesation did cause the air bag light to come on. It will come up as if the car was hit the rear by another car. Thanks steven s for the advice.