Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

powder coat paint for 1988 BMW 325 IX wheels

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by evolution, Jan 15, 2012.

evolution

I am in the process of having my wheels re-done in powdercoat. Having a hard time finding out what color "silver" it should be painted. Local powder coat shops and BMW dealer have not been able to afford me the spot on information that I am looking for. Any and all information regarding wheel painting is certainly welcome.

granthr

The Wheel Collision Center redid my ix wheels three ago and did a great job of matching the original color. You could give them a call and see if they are willing to help. They do a lot of BMW wheels.
    http://www.wheelcollision.com/

evolution

Thanks for the tip. I will certainly contact them. Wurth sells a shaker can of wheel paint. I am going to research them to see when they come up with for something in a powder.

dogsbark26

I had mine done by Prince Wheel Services in June 2011.
    Justin
    Prince Wheel Services
    www.princewheelservices.com
    704-289-3600

I had originally viewed a thread over on http://www.m5board.com about Shadow Chrome refinishing done for the M5 crowd. The thread is titled: My M5 OEM Shadow Chrome Wheels: Quest for Refurbish Perfection. You can read the thread without registering (I think). I considered that finish for my wheels and contacted Prince Wheel Service to discuss. Ended up going with standard / original BMW finish for my iX wheels.

It was only $50.00 to ship all five wheels via Fed Ex from Indiana.

I am extremely pleased with the result.

[IMG] Before

[IMG] After