Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2007 5501 with tires cupping

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by sfbmw2007, Dec 15, 2011.

sfbmw2007

Experts,
    My rear Michelins with 8,000 on them are cupping (The last set of Dunlops did the same thing). The local BMW dealer did the install and aligned the car when the Michelins were installed. They set the camber to the mid-range of the BMW specifications. My question is, does the dealer, and BMW, have any liability? I have read posts where the dealer and/or BMW did participate in sharing the cost of new tires.
    Is it fair of me to expect BMW to man-up and admit they have a problem? Is it reasonable to ask the dealer to share the expense? Something is wrong and the consumer is getting stuck with a big expense. This is my third BMW and I did not have this problem on the two other cars. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

TeamStowell We love driving!

Our 2000 540 sport would go through a set of rear tires every summer. Other oweners were also experiencing this same situation. I accepted this as admission cost to the wonderful times spent running through the back roads of NY, VT and MA.