Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How to prove my 545i has sports package?

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by tetzokabe, Apr 28, 2008.

tetzokabe guest

I purchased 545i Sports Package as a CPO, but I am not sure this one has really sports package.
    The car has the 245/40R18 93W tire for front, 275/35R18 for rear, but the tire is Dunlop SP Sport 01 DSST. However, I found the "Original Equipment Tires" is Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT in TireRack.com. I can't feel the staring ratio change of Active Staring while I am driving in low speed or high speed. I thought it comes with Sports Package.
    I am getting anxious I might bought a bogus sports package car. Anyone know how do I judge this car really has the sports package or not by myself?:confused:

tzo

niemibl guest

The Sport Package option on the 545i includes:
    • 18 inch Style 124 wheels
    • 12 way power front sport seats with power adjustable thigh support
    • active roll stabilization (ARS)
    • sport suspension calibration
    • active steering
    • shadowline exterior trim
    Car manufacturers often use more than one supplier for their OEM tires.

kkratoch

Wouldn't the dealer be able to tell you what options the car came with if you call them with the VIN?

tetzokabe guest

shadowline exterior trim?

Hi folks, thanks for quick reply.
    It is hard to detect those devices (Active Suspension or Staring) with my limited knowledge of car mechanics. Maybe I should be able to recognize the shadowline exterior trim easier, but I couldn't find any image of the trim on the net:(. If anyone has/found image, please let me know where I can study it.

TZO

az3579

[IMG]

That there has a shadowline trim. In fact, I think that's a 545i Sport, like yours (but maybe with different color).

For reference, here is a picture of one with a chrome trim. Notice the trim above the doors. Yours should be black.

[IMG]

niemibl guest

The shadowline trims means that the trim around the windows is black rather than chrome.
    You can also tell by looking at the front seats. The front section of the seat should move forward with one of the power buttons on the side of the seat.
    The car in the smaller photo above has the Style 124 wheels which are included with the Sport Package.
    What year is your car?

tetzokabe guest

yes, it has the Sports Package!

Hi folks,
    Yes, my door trim is black, and the wheel is the same as the picture above. In fact, the body color is the same as well (Titanium Gray). And the front seats have the front end can move with the power buttons.
    My sales rep at the dealer didn't know much about the sports package so he said it doesn't have Active Steering, and that made me worry at the first place. He was nice person so I feel good. (he might be reading this post)
    I really appreciate the postings. Now I know mine has the real Sports Package and I feel much better!! :D

Thank you so much!!

TZO

niemibl guest

Good luck with the car. I think the Sports Package is a must-have option. Do you have the automatic or manual transmission?
    I am surprised to hear that your salesman did not know the details about the Sports Package option. He must have been new.
    Happy Motoring!

tetzokabe guest

Automatic

I got an automatic one cuz I drive 2 hours every day (btw, it's 2004). I don't like the time lag start, but the V8 has tons of torque and it feels like a linear motor car on the street once it's started.
    It's shame that I don't feel I am in the real Sports Package. Maybe I should try to do some test drive of non-sports-packaged 545i to realize how lucky I am.:D

126046 guest

The easiest external tell is the color of the external window trim..... black = sport package, shiny = no sport package.

Pete540

Black trim around windows is not reliable, best way is to look under car for active roll stabilizer bars. I have an 06 550 sport bought new and have Chromeline by special request. Also, someone may have changed the trim after purchase.

jglos21 guest

If you test drive an non-sport 545 or 530 you will quickly realize the difference when cornering. Bigger tires and tight suspension make a big difference.

joojoobee guest

...and Sport Steering Wheel