Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Alternatives to BMW service centers (NY/NJ/CT)

Discussion in 'Connecticut Valley Chapter' started by mmallari, Oct 31, 2011.

mmallari guest

Does anyone have a recommendation for a place/mechanic in NY/NJ/CT that I can take my Bimmer to for typical maintenance? Obviously, I'm looking for someone who is excellent and charges a lower rate (compared to BMW service centers).

Much appreciated!

lcjhnsn

They may be on the eastern edge of your area of interest, but there are 2 relatively new Independent BMW service shops in the eastern 1/3rd of Connecticut that I highly recommend. The owners of both shops are BMW certified Master Techs who split away from BMW of New London.

First, in Middletown, CT is Mark Augner's Northeast Motor Werks. Mark is a proud member of BMW CCA CT Valley Chapter. Then in Niantic CT, is Brian Lepkowski's Inline Autoworks.

Because his location is more convenient to me, I've had Brian L. do a clutch upgrade on my Supercharged M Roadster and some general maintenance on my 325xiT. He is VERY conscientious and does great work. Although I haven't had Mark do any work on my cars since he left BMW of New London, I also highly recommend his shop.

I think the only down side to either of these shops is that their success is challenging their workforce. Or in other words, both guys are one man show's and they are getting more business than they can handle. As a result, the wait time to get your car into their shops can be as much as a couple weeks.

So if you are on the eastern side of CT, give them a try.

takrdown

Agreed on both counts! I live in East Hampton so I've been working with Mark at NE Motor Werks for a few years now. I can't say enough great things about him.