Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First one in.

Discussion in 'Badger Bimmers' started by CRKrieger, Jul 2, 2011.

CRKrieger

It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it - and I don't get the chance to start many forums with the very first post.

CRKrieger

First one BACK IN!

davem3fan DaveM3Fan

Just like Clark Griswold! :)

BimmerFan

My name is Rick and I am a new member. Is there a list anywhere of recommended shops to have my M5 worked on? I am in the Appleton area.

MGarrison

There's this http://www.bimrs.org/

But, you might want to get some recommendations from locals as well, hopefully CR will pipe in here for you.

CRKrieger

Which M5 is that, Rick? I ask because the E28 is a simple enough machine that you can do nearly everything (except rebuilding or servicing the engine) on your own with moderate skills and available tools. MyE28.com provides more expert advice than you can ever need and there are even a few close by members (like me) that you can propose a 'Wrenchfest' to get nearly anything on the car done in a day at the expense of a few pizzas and beers.

The closest GOOD shops and experts are in Milwaukee. You can contact me directly about that.

Edit: OK; now that I took a closer look at your avatar, I see it's an E34. Still, a lot can be done on your own and Milwaukee will be your next best bet for an independent.
    BimmerFan likes this.

BimmerFan

Thank you very much C.R.! I appreciate your comments.

BimmerFan

Thanks for the info MGarrison.

bavariancowboy

By the way, looks like a nice E34 there. An M5 is on the bucket list though I do enjoy my E60 with manual transmission.