Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Some posts not showing.... (Firefox)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MGarrison, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MGarrison

Maybe it's me, maybe it's the browser - but under some of the chapter topics, the right of the screen is showing the number of a post (1), and, in the highlighted blue text, "new", indicating a reply - but when I click the topic, nothing shows. It's like that for several of the chapter topics, at least.

The more posts that go up, the more difficult it is to graze through the topics list to try to discern what's current - having to repeatedly wade through the list of what's "X" days or weeks old to get to what's current is getting to be a pita quickly.
    • Staff

steven s

I have noticed that too. I'm using Firefox at home and work. PC and Mac.

Maybe the person only entered the subject and nothing in the body?

345861 guest

I was experiencing this too using Google Chrome. Problem is the system is logging you out too fast (and the user is NOT informed when this occurs). Log in again and the replies will be there.

MGarrison

You're saying a short time-period login-logout-login may make 'em show? I've logged in multiple times; just logging in, regardless of what time it is that I've logged in, hadn't made any difference...

345861 guest

Well, I'm logged in as SSAYLOR and can not see the replies today so forget that as the problem. IT"S A PROBLEM!
    • Staff

steven s

I see when I scroll down to Florida Suncoast Chapter, there is one post.

But I don't see it. ??

ViolinARC guest

Slow login...

I almost fall asleep waiting for the login page so there is no way that I am going to try logging in multiple times!! Could we please have a direct link to the forums vs. having to click through the community tab first or is the forum really that unimportant??? And how about a better login, like putting it on the main page vs. having to click through to another page and then being redirected back to the page you just left??? Agrhhhhhh...

I'm going to start recommending everyone go over to bimmerforums.com if you really want to be helped or if you want to share info with people who care to be helped...it's much faster and mostly friendly.

MGarrison

The overall list wouldn't show a reply to a topic post if there wasn't one there in the first place? Or should I bust out my cd of "Ghost in the Machine" by The Police?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.