Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I have positive info to add to my previous posts in the old forum...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ViolinARC, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

ViolinARC guest

Please get our forum up-to-date with the posts from the "old" version. I have some positive results to post to the threads I started regarding some common but major issues with the e39. I would also expect that the most helpful sticky with links to important DIY info would be the first thing that is imported to the new forum. At the very least, please do this ASAP...thanks!

Please let me know if you need some help too...

ViolinARC guest

Wow...

No reply or anything...just towed! As you can see, I even volunteered my services but apparently everything is under control..
    • Staff

steven s

Thank you but like I have previously said, we are in the process of installing a new forum.

The plan is to import the old posts and possibly combine this forum into it.

It will not be over night.

The first step is to be sure the same logon used for the website will work for the forum.

ViolinARC guest

Very Cool...

that you sent me a direct email apologizing (sort of...LOL) for the current state of the forums Steven. I know you must be frustrated as well but it is the least any member should have expected so I just want to be clear that the response is appreciated.

You must understand the frustration coming from the members and since feedback has been encouraged, you should have expected a few complaints when things seem so far "offbase" from the original site. It's like I keep pointing out about the Fed and the outrageous debt that they are racking up for our children's children's grandkids. If we handled our personal finances like the federal government does, we'd all be thrown in prison...

It is now clear that the administration is in the process of "fixing" the "fixed" BMWCCA website, which is really all some of us need to know to keep us "on board" for now. Thanks again for touching bases and letting me know that things will improve Steven...peace.
    • Staff

steven s

I was the first to complain.

But I'm an employee first, 13 year club member 2nd.

I can't say how the new forum will look or work. I only know what I'd like.

It MUST have basics. Search, messaging, signatures, search.

Threaded posts that make sense. The list goes on.

What might not be important to some, we do need a single sign on.

The forum needs to accompany the membership database, not the other way around.

I think the two can live side by side.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.