Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Power Folding Mirrors

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by bmwjimmy, Apr 27, 2008.

bmwjimmy guest

Hi All, I am new to this site. I ordered my new 335i Convertible and will be getting it in the middle or the end of May :). I got the Sport Package as well as the Premium Package. I also got the Nav and the Comfort Access with Comfort Loading and Open. I know with the Premium Package you get the Power Folding Outside Mirrors, my question is can you progam the power mirrors to close automatically when you turn your car off. My Brother just bought a Mercedes-Benz S 550 and he can program on his Command System (ie i Drive) for the Mirrors to close when he turns off his car. This is a nice feature when parking in a parking lot with a bunch of cars, I on the other hand will park away from every else any way but nice feature. I asked my sales person and he said no with out even checking, either he knows you can't program it or no one has ever asked before and he did want to look stupid. I hear there is a lot of things you can do with your i Drive.

330indy1

better hope they aren't frozen that way in winter...

just a thought.

bmwjimmy guest

Good Point :rolleyes:, I mentioned it to my brother that he should think about reprogramming the mirrors this coming winter season. I on the other hand will only be driving my car on nice days, this is a second car for me. I have a 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport that I will drive in the winter months and cold and rainy days.

ripster guest

I don't think so

I have an 08 335 ragtop,,,opps, droptop, and I'm fairly certain it cannot be programmed to autoclose the side views, but the button is just "quick touch", meaning it does not have to be held, just touched and they fold away. Good luck with your new ride, I love mine, except it has been deemed a "lemon". Supposedly, I will be swapped out and in another 335 soon. Let me know if you have window problems when you get the car. Good luck

R

ripster guest

just realized

If you have I drive, you may be able to program the side views, navigation is the only option I did not order.

R

captainaudio

I also a 335i convertible with sport and premium and iDrive. I don't think it is possible to program the mirrors to fold automatically.

CA

MechMan guest

I just ordered a 335i e92 with the premium package, and saw the folding rear view mirrors feature. My first thought was Why???
    I owned a 328i for 10 years and never had any problems with it having Dumbo-ear problems. Is this feature expected to be that useful?

ripster guest

I thought the same thing, "WHY'

Then I found out why, I like very much having the side views fold. When I pull up to the drive through atm there is usually a concrete bollard to protect it from nitwits crashing into the machine, meaning I have to stretch to punch the number pad, folding the side views allows me to pull much closer to the atm and getting the cash to pay for the gas to continue the enjoyment of my ride is much easier. As you can see, I am sometimes easily amused and pleased. But seriously, I watched a lady walk through a shopping center parking lot. She was swinging a suitcase from her shoulder, and disguised it as a purse, as she was cutting between cars to get to the Ben & Jerrys, she caught the suit...er purse on the side view of a Honda....I swear this is a true story, I witnessed myself....she yanked hard enough that the poor little honda mirror didn't stand a chance, it was dangling by the wires when turbulent presence passed. As the alarm started blaring, she looked back, shrugged and made tracks to the ice cream store......So as you can see, I definitly think the fold aways are a good thing, plus I learned never to park near an ice cream shop, once the cattle get to stampedeing, just stand back and move away slowly.

see ya in the left lane,

R

ripster guest

P.S.

Good color choices, Montego blue and black is a good look, its what I have on mine, the replacement for my supposed "lemon" should be here at the end of June, but I opted for coral red, I saw one that changed my mind about blue and black.... enjoy the new ride, but it kinda sucks to stay south of 4000rpms for the first 1200, I have to go through it again, oh well!!!

left lane again soon,

R

sandrade guest

Programming of the mirrors to autofold is not currently available.

MechMan guest

I've had mine now for a couple of months, and have changed my mind. The folding mirrors is more than just a silly feature. I use it at drive ups and even for my (pretty small) garage, and it makes me feel better to have the room

To the OP, the mirrors can't be programmed to do anything extra. Sorry.

To ripster. Thanks. I was a bit concerned about the black interior (I live in the sunny south), but now that I added ceramic-tint, the solar heat is much less and the black looks great.