Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2012 3 Series Convertible

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by 391075, Jul 24, 2011.

Does anyone have definitive information on when the new 3 Series convertible will become available in North America ?? The latest Roundel reports production of the current 3 Series will end in October 2011. One would expect the 2012 sedan and coupe would go into production shortly thereafter, followed by the convertible. There is speculation amoung some U.S. dealers that the car will be introduced during the Summer Olympics next year. Others claim it will be in early spring 2012.

Any insight wlll be appreciated.

RAGamble

2012 3 Series Specs & Availability?

I too am seeking info on the new 2012 3 series as a replacement for my 2007 335i.

Will the 2012 have the same twin-scroll engine & power/torque?

Is the 320HP version an option or std (as available as an option on the 2011 335i)?

Are the body dimensions same or Bigger again?

When will it be intoduced and when will orders be taken?

Would like to see an in-depth article in Roundel Soon.............

buckleysan

If BMW follows it's own previous course of action, the E90 sedan will stop this month and the new FXX sedan will replace it next month or so; but the E92 coupe and E93 convertible will still be produced into 2012. I guess we'll have to see, as BMW can do whatever it wants to.

bcweir

Am I the only one who's not crazy about the F30 3-series looks?

Not sure what's going on with the "hyphen" between headlights and front grille.

I really liked all models of the E46, preferred the E92 coupes over the E90 sedans, and now finding myself not really wild about the F30 at all. Going back further, I liked the E21 and the E30 also. The E36 was OK styling-wise.

Just my $.02 since BMW is certainly not designing, building, or selling cars to an old-school enthusiast like myself.