Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M3 Rear Bumper Sag

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by maxlfoster, Sep 13, 2011.

maxlfoster guest

So I know there are a number of threads out there on e46fanatics, m3forum, and a few other sites that talk specifically about the sides sagging (almost exclusively from the clips by the rear wheel well being broken, loose, etc) but I am wondering if anyone could help me out if my entire rear bumper is sagging about 1/8th of an inch.

I am more than willing to take the bumper off (there are a few vague DIYs out there and I think I could piece the steps together) but I don't know what I will need to replace inside to get the bumper riding tight to the body again--I thought I read somewhere that the bumper is resting on foam (and it may have settled in the extreme TX heat). I do realize that the bolts and clips may just need tightening (I need new clips for the sides as is to tighten them up).

Part of me wants to go to a good body shop in the area, but I can never tell if one of these shops will cut corners...and I end up in the same place in 18 months. I live in the Houston area--so if anyone has a recommendation I would definitely appreciate it.

Does anyone have experience with a job like this and know what I should do? More than anything else, I want the car looking good and the job done right--I just don't know what the best path is to get there.

Thanks for any advice.

Max

197952 guest

Rear Strut Brace

Dinan has 15% off sale going on right now. Perhaps that is worth a look.