Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E30 Convertible Value

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by 2furiousd, Sep 2, 2011.

2furiousd

I'm considering the purchase of a White 1991 325I M-Tech Convertible. This car needs absolutely nothing and with 101565 it's low milage. Everything is done that needs to be. New rack, new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, tires, drive shaft components, flex joint, various rubber boots and lines under the hood, new top and seals, many new front end items, original paint and leather interior. Im sure there is more that I have not listed. No rust, or body issues. Automatic transmission. No leaks anywhere, dry under. Everything electrical works. Interior and body way above average, easy 8+ out of 10. Very clean carfax.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be worth? NADA says one thing, Edmunds says something ridiculous, and KBB doesnt value cars that old.

cemike1985

Older E30 Value

My Dad recently purchased a 1987 325i Convertible automatic with 160K miles.

Car runs good and is in decent condition, but needs some little things. Top is usable for now, but it's not perfect. Car did have recent timing belt, water pump, etc.

After getting the car, he had to have the brake booster and master cylinder replaced.

Bottom line, he paid $1300 for the car.

Don't know if this helps you or not... Good luck with your purchase!

2furiousd

Older E30 Value

It helps I guess. Thank you. I'm looking to pay the mid to higher end of retail. I don't want to pay that much, but it seems to have all know issues addressed and the condition is excellent. I'm looking at the car tonight, in person. This car is more like $4500. The price seems higher but if I had to do all the services that have been done that ads up quick. It is one of the best looking original E30s I have seen.

Thanks again.

AugustneverEnds 1988 325iS, 1989 750iL

Very,very interesting car! For an immaculate M-Tech convertible I think that is a really good price. The way I see it you will be paying for a car that needs nothing from your the sound of your description, instead of buying a $2000 car that "needs a few things" and ends up running another $2500 in repairs. Best of luck to you and Happy Motoring!