Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Jack Points

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by rich235, Aug 18, 2011.

rich235 guest

I have a 2003 325i and will be doing brake service soon. I've been searching the internet and have found some good advice on where to jack the whole front or rear of the vehicle so jack stands can be placed under the both sides at the factory installed jack pads. THE Mad Russian has an excellent site with photos on this for an M car but the E46 does not have the front jack pad as he shows on the M. If you have any expreieince with a good place in the front please let me know,

Thanks

RIch

Arthur B Fisch

Rich:

If you haven't gotten to this yet, it is very easy. There are two central jack points on the car, one in the central front and one in the back. I have a 04 325ci so it is similar. I believe there is an arrow pointing underneath exactly where to place the jack. In the back, I beleive it is adjacent to the rear diff. If you have a hard time getting under the car in the first place, get a long 2X12" piece of lumber, cut it into 4 pieces beveled and you will have yourself 4 small pieces of wood to drive up onto to raise the car 1.5". Just enough to easily get the jack under. Make sure you use wheel chocks, e-brake, and extra caution and safety.

good luck.

abfisch