Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2011 328i Headrest too far forward

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by john@allocca.com, Jul 23, 2011.

john@allocca.com guest

The active headrests on the 2011 is too far forward. If you lean completely against the back of the seat, you head is bent forward so that you are looking at the floor. I wrote a complete scientific paper detailing how this can cause injury to the neck and spine during normal driving and sent it to BMW. They blew me off and said there is nothing wrong with their car. There are many posts on the internet with problems arising from headrests that are too far forward.

The BMW 5 series headrests are adjustable forward and backward. Does anyone know if the can be installed in a 3 series?

If anyone want a copy of the paper in pdf format (2.3 mb), I can send it.

John

buckleysan

I've noticed that many manufacturers are doing this to seats in the name of safety. I HATE IT. When I drive a car that has this "feature", I always get neck pain. Fortunately, my BMWs don't have it, but I would not even consider a new one that did.