Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hotel Locator

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2011' started by rwsams, Jun 23, 2011.

rwsams guest

Anybody know of any great hotels in the location for Oktoberfest?

dmmai

Birmingham - Hotels near O'Fest - 2011

rwsams wrote:

"Anybody know of any great hotels in the location for Oktoberfest?"

Great Hotels? Ross Bridge is the only hotel near O'Fest. It's great, but full-up (for now, check back the last couple of weeks before the event). There's a Budget Motel and a Sleep Inn within 5 miles west (enter at your own risk - yikes!).

There is a cluster of nice, relatively affordable hotels almost exactly half way between the event headquarters and Barber Motorsports Park. ~Fifteen miles from each.

At the intersection of I-459 and US-280 this cluster includes fifteen or more choices. The overflow event hotel is the Marriott Birmingham (in this area). It's a nice hotel and the CCA group rate is $99 per night ($40 better than the regular rate). We've got reservations at the nearby Courtyard (Marriott) for a little less. There are the usual other choices: Comfort Suites, Drury Inn, Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton, Homestead, etc, etc. Take your pick. Nothing in the area to write home about. Good dining nearby.

Another cluster of mid-priced hotels is south, down I-65. Also about 13-15 miles from headquarters. They're closer to the autocross venue, but out of the way from Barber. They're also very near Oak Mountain State Park. Nice twisty drive and overlook. Should be beautiful in the fall colors.

To get into more upscale hotels, you have to go downtown and some of those have gotten kinda seedy. Out of the way and rather inconvenient for the activities of the week.

193198 BMW NUT

DBL Queen Room availlable at Renaisannce Ross Bridge (HOST)Hotel

I have a reservation at the Host hotel for a Double Queen Room

If interested in taking over the reservation Please contact me @ 616-634-3655 or harvey.nuttall@sbcglobal.net

I intend to cancel the reservation if no one takes it over. That may mean that the hotel gives it to a NON-BMWCCA guest which would be a shame as I am sure there are people trying to get into the host hotel. Reservation must be cancelled within 24hrs of intended Check-in.