Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

330ci conv. ZHP! New addition to the stable.

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by jas67, Jun 19, 2011.

jas67

[IMG]
    Happy birthday & father's day to me (from me)!

After 20 years of owning a classic American convertible ('67 Firebird), and 15 years of BMW ownership, it was time to combine the best of both worlds into a single vehicle.

I've already gotten the iPod interface installed, and plan on adding a trailer hitch receiver so I can use my bike rack.

The car is a 2005 BMW 330ci convertible with the option-code ZHP Performance Package. This car has a 6-speed manual transmission (I wouldn't have an automatic -- yuk). As far as I know, the only options the car has aside from the ZHP package are the xenon HID headlights, which were not standard on the car, ZCW (cold weather package) and the Harmon-Kardon sound system.

As much as I'd like the easier care of the hard-top convertible E93 (convertible form of the E90), 2007-2008 328i convertibles are typically about $10k more than I paid for this one, (and the 335i's much more than that) and this one has a spare tire!

E46 M3 convertibles can be had for only a few thousand more, so it was tough to resist the siren call of the M3, but, in light of the much higher cost of parts and upkeep for anything M (M=motor, but also M=money) for the type of driving I'll be doing with this, the ZHP is perfect.

I know many on this forum are already family with the ZHP Performance Package, but for those who are not:

The performance package has a specially tuned engine with special cams and exhaust, which give it a little more HP, torque, a higher redline, and a slightly shorter final drive ratio (3.07:1 vs. 2.93:1). BMW specs the ZHP as being about 1/2 second quicker 0-60 than the "regular" 330ci. The package also stiffer suspension (stiffer yet than the standard ZSP Sport Package), special 18" wheels, M-Technic ground effects, and a choice of "black cube", or "aluminum cube" interior trim (my car has the "black cube" trim). The ZHP package was offered in 2003 as a sedan only, to answer demand for a four-door M3, which was never offered in the E46 chassis. The 2003 ZHP sedan was the only non-M 3-series that year to get a 6 speed manual transmission.

In 2004, the ZHP was also offered in coupe and convertible form.
    Happy birthday to me (from me)! After 20 years of owning a classic American convertible ('67 Firebird), and 15 years of BMW ownership, it was time to combine the best of both worlds into a single vehicle. I've already gotten the iPod interface installed, and plan on adding a trailer hitch receiver so I can use my bike rack. The car is a 2005 BMW 330ci convertible with the option-code ZHP Performance Package. This car has a 6-speed manual transmission (I wouldn't have an automatic -- yuk). As far as I know, the only options the car has aside from the ZHP package are the xenon HID headlights, which were not standard on the car. The performance package has a specially tuned engine with special cams and exhaust, which give it a little more HP, torque, ahigher redline, and a slightly shorter final drive ratio (3.07:1 vs. 2.93:1). BMW specs the ZHP as being about 1/2 second quicker 0-60 than the "regular" 330ci. The package also stiffer suspension (stiffer yet than the standard ZSP Sport Package), special 18" wheels, M-Technic ground effects, and a choice of "black cube", or "aluminum cube" interior trim (my car has the "black cube" trim). The ZHP package was offered in 2003 as a sedan only, to answer demand for a four-door M3, which was never offered in the E46 chassis. The 2003 ZHP sedan was the only non-M 3-series that year to get a 6 speed manual transmission. In 2004, the ZHP was also offered in coupe and convertible form.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

330indy1

nice car, and color combo.
    If I may ask, how much dinero, and how many miles on her?

Terse

Nice looking vert.

jas67

$20,500
    44,100 miles

It also has the ZCW (cold weather package: heated seats + mirrors, headlight washers and ski bag).

Syrupflow guest

Great car! Congratulations!

cheeny guest

Congrats, nice looking car!

JES635

I am also looking for an '05/'06 330CI Convertible in Mystic Blue/Natural Brown Heated Seats, 10-50K miles a garage queen. Cold Weather package with 6 Spd. MT. Nice additions would be a ZHP (Performance Package), a hardtop and Navigation.