Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

European Delivery Program

Discussion in 'European Delivery' started by Linda Hansell, Jun 7, 2011.

Linda Hansell guest

We are considering both a trip to Europe next year and a new 5-series. Is the European Program worthwhile? After driving around Germany, how long does it take for the car to arrive in the states?
    Would appreciate any and all feedback on member experiences.

ForcedInduction guest

Welcome Linda-

There is a Euro Delivery forum on Bimmerfest with a lot of useful information, dialog and delivery dates for other folks you may want to meet up with at the Welt.

In my experience the ED program is wonderful and not to be missed. The cost savings is generally enough to pay for a week or so holiday for two people but the experience is priceless IMO. There is so much to see and do in Germany and the driving experience is incredible - especially in your new Bimmer.

Re-delivery times vary with where you live, where you drop off your car in Europe and how soon it is placed on a ship. It typically ranges from 6-8 weeks to the East coast and 8-10 weeks to the West coast.

Enjoy ! :)

mgthompson

I agree with ForcedInduction, the ED experience should not be missed. We used reward miles to pay for the airfare and hotel points for some of the hotels, so the total expense was not too much. Everytime morning on the way to work I think of driving the same car on the Autobahn without a speed limit. It really is a lot of fun.