Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What did you do to/for your BMW today?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by E46BAV90, May 16, 2011.

E46BAV90

two30grain

I made a deal on nearly mint black sports seats to replace my ripped up comfort seats!

Zeichen311

I cleaned a double handful of tree seeds and small leaves out of the drain pockets at the rear corners of the engine bay.

Michgndr89

I took it to the tire store to get the slow leak in the right front taken care of.

floydarogers

New set of Michelin PS 2 ZP from Costco. Drives like a new car.

CRKrieger

Well, for YESTERDAY, I broke the glovebox latch. Thing's missing a screw and that probably contributed to the problem.

TODAY, I yanked the latch out of the parts car and tossed it into the tool box for when I get a chance to swap it out.

TODAY, I may also fill it with the first new fuel it's seen since about November. :D

drummerfc

Wasn't today (coupla days ago) but...

- Oil service
    - Tire rotation
    - New bulb in right-side brake light
    - New bulbs in instrument cluster where mileage and temperature are
    - Also - got me a hands-free bluetooth-enabled device - love it. Completely distraction-free calls!!

Couple of weeks ago, took "her" to the body shop to repair some annoying dings.

Near Future - a complete detail (once the stupid yellow pollen is done falling!) and new mats... :D:cool:

granthr

In the past couple of days I got the M3 ready for the driving season.

Heres the list

Changed brake/clutch fluid, ATE Type 200
    Changed coolant, BMW coolant w/ water wetter (I don't know if it works, but it is PINK!!!)
    Replaced thermostat
    Replaced fan clutch (was running warm at idle, haven't driven it yet, did it just last night)
    Cleaned, clay barred, waxed the heck out of it, Zymol.
    Two new taillight gaskets, no leaking but had them off for the waxing so replaced.
    Two new exhaust hangers old ones were cracked and thread bare (only five years and 8k on them) :(

Tomorrow the M3 gets to go to the Carlisle Import show! I am very excited. :D:D

(If we can keep this going I will post often! :D)

E46BAV90

Oh we'll keep it going!!

Tomorrow I'll be at the High Plains Raceway for the performance driving school!! I had to post it today because I won't have the chance this weekend,
    sidenote--I cracked a stupid rock with my windshield yesterday :mad:

two30grain

man, i was planning on going to this. I have never been before but it looks like it is in open fields. Will all the rain the past few days effect it?

bluewagon

What did i do to my BMW?????

Today and every day I wipe the fine dust that is in the air here in Florida with a California duster. I guess i could call it a Florida duster.
    I used a swiffer duster to wipe the the brake dust from my wheels.
    This Sunday like every Sunday I will check and adjust the air pressure in my tires.
    At 82 I now leave all mechanical work for the younger and more qualified.
    During the 1970s we did all of our own work on the 2002s. But that was then and this is now.
    bluewagon

granthr

Some years it is great and some it it good, I always have a good time. They always run it rain or shine. Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny!!! yea. The driving lanes are paved, only where you park is grass, should be okay. Just make sure you have your 275s on so you don't sink in!! :p

E46BAV90

Just bought a Valentine V1 radar detector to finally even up the odds a bit

Satch SoSoCalifortified

But. . . but. . .

Bluewagon, he say:

Hey, don't keep us in suspense: Don't you take care of the paint with A Certain Product. . .? ;)

bluewagon

What I did for my car today

Satch: I only use that certain product when the car gets really dirty. I do not use dulling soap and water. No washing. No drying. Just 30 min and I am done.
    bluewagon

Satch SoSoCalifortified

At the risk of encouraging you. . .

Okay, I'll bite: What is that magic elixir again? And where can you buy it in very small quantities?

If you say Amway, I'm outta here. . . .

bluewagon

What did i do to my BMW?????

Satch:
    If you are really interested go tohttp://www.wetpaintglaze.com/ other people can go to the web site also. Try it you will like it.
    Bluewagon

jlnguyen guest

I adjusted my driver/passenger door. It used to be somewhat hard to open... I'd always get the little tap on the window because girls would think the door is locked. Not anymore though, after doing the adjustment, the handle opens like butter :)

Also ordered my valve cover gasket set, I've been leaking a tiny bit of oil lately.

330indy1

To the 330i (Dinan3):
    Changed rear diff fluid (Redline), and added a neo magnet drain plug from BavAuto.
    Then I replaced the Eagle Eyes LED taillight(left) for a bad bank of turn signal LEDs.
    Then, I cleaned off some bird poop. :mad:

frito

Dusting this one off. Gave my '01 325i a bath today. Up until last winter it never saw salt. I've had to drive it more this winter due to our other vehicles taking turns going out of service. So. broke out the pressure washer, sprayed it down, wash with a mitt then hit the undercarriage with a rotating attachment. Rust is not an option. I bought this baby new back in February '01, 14 years ago, and want it around another 14 years - or more. :)
    Ken.S.330 likes this.