Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Videos taken by traffic cameras...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pyewacket1, Mar 3, 2011.

Pyewacket1

floydarogers

Fire engines

Love the fire engines at around 4:45.

Many of those are just plain stupid. Betcha many were talking/texting.

tiFreak

as stupid as most of those people are, I have to admit the one at 3:10 was pretty awesome to watch :eek:

Zeichen311

3:40 - 3:57: EPIC fail. :D:D:D

The turn signal is the cherry on top. :D

mgthompson

My wife's Buick wagon got rear ended at a stop light by a K10 Blazer and it pushed the tailgate up to the seats. The driver of the K10 didn't have a license or insurance and didn't have seat belts on the kids. Good thing that we had uninsured motorist insurance. We replaced the Buick with a 328xi.

Deutsch Marques

Almost every one of those wasn't some bonehead deciding not to wait at a red, but just plain cluelessly blowing through an intersection at full speed! A couple looked like high-speed, as if they were running from something. Others looked like old farts who didn't have a clue. But I'll bet many were just texting or plain not paying attention.

I did notice some weren't "running the red" but just taking lefts without waiting for opposing traffic to clear. I feel the most sorry for the peds and cyclists in that vid. (Except maybe the motorcycle who cruised through the red and t-boned the car.)

People bitch and complain about red light cameras. I think this video proves we need them on every intersection!

granthr

The amazing thing is that in many of those cases the rest of traffic appears to carry on like nothing happened!! :eek:

Pyewacket1

I have mixed emotions on that.

On one hand, cameras certainly would help in determining who was at fault in an accident.

On the other hand, every one of those intersections where the accidents were recorded had cameras, and it didn't stop any of the accidents in the videos.

As far as I could tell, there's no way to know which (if any) of these cameras were what are called "red-light" cameras (used to ticket violators), and which were simply traffic cameras used to increase and enhance traffic flow.

I guess I remain "undecided". In any case, I doubt any amount of cameras would have altered the 2 fire trucks "merging". That was my "favorite" scene, and I hope no one was injured in the accident. I don't see how anyone could have survived in a couple of the other videos...

eam3

I can't really tell but is that an Aston Martin at 4:09?

Autohaus guest

Love the music.

SBrasesco

school bus driver gets my vote for Mr. Car Control!!...how he did not hit anything was amazing!...
    as far as the cameras...I don't think they are there to really deter people but they do fill the coffers of the municipality with ticket revenue....and as someone pointed out, if there is any doubt to who is at fault...roll the video please!!
    S