Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

My first e34, $500 wonder

Discussion in 'E34 (1989-1995)' started by jeanm, Feb 8, 2011.

jeanm guest

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

old panels be gone

[IMG]

Testing electrical water pump and heater valve

[IMG]

Looks like someone "fixed" one of the hoses

[IMG]

Spare pump / valve from a later car

[IMG]

[IMG]

jeanm guest

Interior so far, consoles, a/c pillars and rear seat is next. Still need to find black b-pillars and knee pad/glove box.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

One for every day of the week? haha

[IMG]

Just asking to be driven haha

[IMG]

No cluster back light, all fuses are good, the service lights come up though... damn it.

[IMG]

First trip, about 20 miles or so done, needs suspension BAD... the whole front end shakes BAD if the road isn't smooth and I hit a pothole or bump.

Until next time.

[IMG]
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

I may have the knee pad and glove box for you (no wood trim.) I am upgrading to the wood trim parts.

GSMetal

Thanks for the GREAT story! Fun to watch without getting your hands dirty.

Great pics as well...keep 'em coming please!

jeanm guest

Let me if you do! Maybe we can even trade if the ones I have are what you need? :)

Greg E34

Sport seats FTW! The best mod I have made to mine (outside the 5 speed swap!)

Really looking nice!

jeanm guest

I agree, seats were deff. worth the purchase price :)

Car just passed smog, I have been driving it a bit and it deff. needs suspension next.

I had no idea they test more than just for emission on the roller and also gas cap test, the new test is also to pressure test the evap system!!!

It passed all 3, so that's good :)

Results with 1/4 tank of whatever gas was still left in the car from PO. New copper plugs and oil change :)

[IMG]

jeanm guest

Picked up a clean staggered set of e38 18 m-parallels today. Suspension is next, then tires.

Previous owner had them re-finished in e39 m5 gun metal color

[IMG]

granthr

Your car is going to look great! The M Parallels are my favorite BMW wheels after BBS RS basket weaves! I have a set on my 03 540i M Sport. :D

Brian A

What???!!??? A 5 Series?
    ... I thought you had a collection of twelve different E30s?

jeanm guest

Fixed a little cluster issue that was bugging me. The left side of the cluster (fuel gauge) was dark, and the check control panel would only lit up for a few seconds and then turn off.

Ended up replacing the main circuit board and it fixed the issue. It's actually easier to replace e34 cluster vs e30....and no plastic gears to deal with yay!

[IMG]

tried replacing the check control lcd/board first, didn't make a difference

[IMG]

replaced the main board from another e34 cluster, all good.

[IMG]

Car had a problem starting today, acc/stomp test resulted in 1215 code ... after the car sat for about 20 minutes it started right up fine... Does this sound like an AFM problem or could 1215 be something else?

granthr

Yea a 5er, V8 to boot! Got it last August, the thing is a beast. :D:D It is mostly my wife's car. We got one on the way and the 2 door E36 would be a little difficult to get into the back seat. I was actually looking for a nice 4 door E36 M3, but I came across the 540i Sport and I just fell for it. :D

12 E30s! I wish, I only have three, but I have never sold one, and never will!!! E30 FTW!!! :cool: