Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2011 M3 sedan competition package

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by yankees, Jan 31, 2011.

yankees guest

I just ordered the 2011 M3 sedan with competition package I understand the Y rims and lower suspension but not the modified M dynamic mode or the EDC enhanced sport mode with mapping can some one help me with this Thanks

TxFeatFan

Yakees-

Congratulations!

Here is BMW's explanation:
    https://www.m-power.com/_open/s/editorial.jsp?id=2086&lang=en

EDC now has more damping variability, and the DSC has a higher slip threshold.

Here is MotorTrend's reaction to the M3 Competition Package:
    It's amazing that these minor suspension and electronic tweaks can make such a comprehensive change in the car's already precise demeanor. It's like a Hellfire missile rewired to turn in mere inches. Its explosiveness is still ferocious, but versatility grows tremendously. Simply put, it better uses what it already possesses.

Before the Competition, corner attacking was vicious, but poised; an event predominantly marked by sharp athletic cuts. The M3 with the new package does the same, but two steps quicker and with studier feet. It's morphed into a zealously surefooted machine, tracking levelly and precisely no matter its location within a turn, calmly transitioning weight with a hint of oversteer. Lock the M3 onto an apex and it stalks the obstacle with a feline-like instinct. Fortunately, you still have 414 ponies to call on for the fatal bite. The M3 was a fun ride in standard trim. Now it's sinfully addicting.
    My ZCP E90 will be at the Performance Center March 16. Wanna race? :)
    • Staff

steven s

Nothing like real world examples.
    What mode for say, the Taconic Parkway or Tail of the Dragon?

TxFeatFan

Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway are on my [Road Monkey] way home. I'm going to guess MDM on, but with only the "Normal" throttle setting.

Yankees, will you take Performance Center Delivery?

yankees guest

Thanks for all the information my car is on order for some time late Feb not sure when

yankees guest

M3 competition package

Thanks for all the good information.My car is on order for late Feb or March,just when i will be on vacation in Mexico

Satch SoSoCalifortified

We live to serve!

The Yankster, he say:
    Gee, I guess somebody had better volunteer to pick the damn thing up for you, doncha think?! :D:D:D