Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Pics: Picked up a new 135i Coupe!!

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by mtechnik, Jan 23, 2011.

mtechnik

Thanks! This is just the kind of Bimmer I've always dreamed about owning. I only have a couple minor complaints, mainly the RFT tires. Other than that, my 135i puts a smile on my face every day. The N55 engine is gem matched with the DCT. It's a lot of fun on the mountain back roads. I'd like to do some light track driving after I get regular tires. My father in law has owned several Porsches, including a 996 Turbo S in the current stable. His face lit up like a Christmas tree when I let him take my car out for a spin. He said it felt felt like a sold well build car that make for a great sporty daily driver.

The red rocket in your sig pics looks great! The wheels look nice with CR and the black trim. I hear Autobahn is a fun place. Enjoy your 1er out there - and be safe.

Gonzogonzilla

Looks Super

We hemmed and haw'ed on the colors. Finally, the wife, who likes red, made the decision. I saw one, the other day at pre-tech in the "Prussian" blue and it was goregeous. I like your color and I even had an E60 545i in Sapphire Black. However, up here, it's a bit of work to keep it nice in our climate...much easier in yours, as long as you don't park it under a pine.

We picked up our 135i at BMW Welt in Munich, drove it all over Germany and into France. Maybe one of the best days I had with the car was from Metz to Reims on the back roads. Every road in the Lorraine is paved like a carpet. I did get it up to 155 mph on the Autobahn and even managed a few laps on the Norschleife at the 'Ring.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up.

mtechnik

A few shots I took recently near work.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And one from the paddock at Carolina Motorsports Park during 1 Lap of America.

[IMG]

Terse

I've liked the 1s since I first saw one. I was a tad worried about height issues though. You're a little taller than I am so I might have to see how it fits next time I'm at the stealership.