Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Performance Center

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by echanda, Jan 17, 2011.

echanda

When I purchased my M3 in December, it was with an understanding that I could participate in the performance center experience in the Spring. I had originally planned to wait until Spring to purchase the vehicle and take performance center delivery. However, the dealer, wanting to make a fiscal year sale, assured me that I could buy now and either drive down to the center or fly down and use one of the center's vehicles. At the time of purchase they were having difficulty getting me a firm date and so far no confirmation has been forth coming.

Does anyone know if participation in the performance center experience is possible without taking performance center delivery? I am getting the uncomfortable feeling that I may have blown my chance and the dealer is afraid to tell me.

TxFeatFan

My understanding is, unless you pay for one of the Performance Center's training courses, you need to take delivery from the Performance Center to get track time there.

Pyewacket1

In 2007 I was scheduled to take delivery of my 2007 Z4 Coupe at the performance Center, but illness due to kidneystones forced me to change plans and pick the car up a week later at the dealership.

Possibly due to my special circumstances, the Performance Center was good enough to allow me to come to the Performance Center and spend the day there as if I were picking my car up there, and they gave me a full year to exercise my option.

But, again, maybe a hospital stay is needed to get the waiver...

I hope you get to do it. Its a really fun experiece!

wanesso

You can get the class

We did the 2-day M school without taking delivery there. You get a discount with the M3 purchase but you don't have to pick the car up at S.C. And it's quite fun, small track but nice guys teaching the classes.

Bimmerdan

When I picked the 135 up at the Performance Center a couple years ago, there was a young couple there going through the entire 'Performance Center Delivery Experience' without actually taking delivery of a car. They had picked up their car at the dealership a few months earlier because he had a conflict with school and couldn't do PCD at the time. I don't know if that's arranged through the dealership or directly with the Performance Center but it sounds to me like you should have no problem making it happen. Definitely follow through on it though because it's an incredible experience!

Keep us posted!

echanda

Success!!

Just as I had begun to give up hope they came through! I received an email today from the Performance Center, inviting me to register for my Performance Center Experience. I am confirmed for this coming June.

Thanks for the encouragement. I made a PITA of myself at the dealership and I finally got some results.

TxFeatFan

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to mine, and Bimmerdan helped me pick a twisty route home!
    Hope you have a great experience - though you've already had your "happy ending"! :rolleyes:

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Oh, nooooo!

Noooooo! He'll set you up on a Texas Road Monkeys route, and it will take you two weeks to get home! (Through about seventeen states.)

TxFeatFan

Satch, that's exactly what he did.
    Now why have I got this hankering for a GPS and a banana?

Damn.

Bimmerdan

[IMG]