Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Steering feedback increase - Advice please

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by rsvedell, Jan 6, 2011.

rsvedell

Can anyone please help with this issue. I replaced my tie rod ends and drag link (Meyle) lately and now I get a little more road feedback in my steering wheel. Previously replaced thrust arm bushings. Everything feels tight. Feel it mostly over RR tracks or shallow pot holes. No adverse affects on steering or control just a little more sensitive. Now running style 118 wheels and 245/4518 Conti DWS tires. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

tiFreak

did you get an alignment after? it could also be that the old parts were loose enough to create a noticeable difference in feel

CRKrieger

Suggestions? Yeah. Tell us why this is a concern for you. It doesn't appear that anything's wrong ... other than you seem to be more comfortable with a worn-out front end than a like-new one.

rsvedell

Steering feedback

Thanks for the advice. Since the car was bought with 149K and it was 10 years old when I bought it, I did not have the chance to experience the "new feel" of the suspension. I feel better now that you have reassured me that there is no issue with the front suspension.

Always feel better with a second opinion.

Thank you.

CRKrieger

Whew! Yes; more road feel is usually better. I've had cars where I didn't feel that was the case, but that was using essentially competition tires on the street, not street tires on a near-stock suspension. Sometimes, too much information is too much. ;)