Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Installation of Ipod adapter?

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by blbainb, Dec 29, 2010.

blbainb

So I've bought the Ipod adapter (65 11 0 439 425) for my 2007 530i (no navigation, no CD changer) and have scheduled to have it installed in a couple of days. I'd rather install it myself and then would only have the dealer activate it but there are no instructions included in the box. I can't find any online for the E60 (the 'madrussian' site only seems to cover the M3). Does anyone know of instructions posted online by someone who's done this?

az3579

I don't know how it is for the E60, but if your kit is like mine (I have the factory iPod kit for the E46), then you can only play music from playlists, which is really lame in my opinion.
    They have you create playlists on the iPod titled BMW1, BMW2, etc. (if I remember correctly - I don't use the adapter because I hate it) and you can only choose music from those playlists. Pretty much, if you want to select an individual song or an album, forget about it, unless you put them into their own playlists.