Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2002-2010 5, 6, & 7 series brake recall... anybody experience this problem??

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by jrpisha, Dec 8, 2010.

jrpisha

I'm taking my 08' 550i in next week to have the recall work done. My brakes are fine.

Anybody out there experience problems as described in the recall??

John

theBOAT guest

Yes, about a month ago. My power assist (mostly) failed. I was able to get assist on the first brake press, but it faded quickly and I had to put my leg into it to bring the car to a stop. They had my car for a week waiting on a part...

I need to figure out how to get my $100 in CPO co-pays back (had to go in twice and they charged me twice).

theBOAT

jrpisha

Sorry for your troubles.... Too bad it took a week to get it fixed, but hopefully your dealer provided you with a proportionate vehicle as a loaner.

BMW NA provided me with a document that outlines the process for reimbursement should this repair had been required prior to the issuance of this recall. You undoubtably have received this too, but I can send you a copy of what I was sent. I tried to attach a scanned copy to this post, but the scanned .pdf file I creasted exceeds the file size limits established by this board.

John

Steven Otto

Got my recall notice in the mail the other day. Have not had an issue with the brakes (yet).

theBOAT guest

I've received the paperwork from BMW - thanks for the offer, though. I'm going to start dealing with it this weekend after this busy work week wraps up...

CLG

jrpisha

I had my brake recall service performed last week; no problems.

The dealer kept my car for a few days trying to eradicate the demons that live in my electronics. Too soon to call the demons exercised, but at least the radio is hold onto presets. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...............

John

marcom guest

Yup, have an 08 550i and am having the brake recall this performed this weekend. I didnt get a notice, just happen to bring it in for an oil change and they told me about it.

theBOAT guest

So I'm still getting the run-around from my local dealership (Advantage BMW of Clear Lake in TX). I've left 2 messages with the service manager, without a call-back. My SA, Chip, was not helpful either, as he said I need to take up any refund work with BMW NA (which they deny and say it has to be done by the dealer). Awesome CS work, BMW!

I'll post pack if/when I get my $$ back.

theBOAT