Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

18" All Season Tires and Rims on a 2011 X5 w/ 20s

Discussion in 'E70 X5 (2007-2013)' started by MokWeiHoe, Dec 6, 2010.

MokWeiHoe

Hello everyone - is there anyone out there who has paired 18" all season tires / rims in place of their 20" tires / rims in an X5 Sport Activity trim and staggered fitment? Came across a great price (almost free) from a buddy where he is offering his 18x8 after market wheels with 255/55/18 all season tires (bought for his 2011 X5 base model.) As he does not like the wheels/tires, I am thinking about giving them a try before investing a few $$$$. Would appreciate your thoughts.

edwinkrieg

Just recently bit the bullet and purchased the 209 Winter set from BMW since I was tired searching aftermarket for my x5 50i with sport package. They dont look nice, but only for 3-4 month before the 336's go back on!!!

Naz24

obviously the 18s would be best for the winter. However, i could not stand the look of them. So i went with 275/40/R20s all around with pirelli scorpio ice and snows--best decision so far. The handling difference between the 18s was negligible IMO.

Drive safe! :D

wbdamron

Scorpions Rock

I have a 2011 X5 V-8 with the 20" wheels and 315's on the rear. Was nervous about snow, so bought a set of Pirelli Scorpions from Baron BMW. They have done well in the snowing town this winter. Went to Kansas City yesterday in the blizzard, with highway and city driving through accumulating snow up to ten inches, blowing, etc. The Scorpions were rock solid through more than 200 miles of driving. I am very impressed with both the X5 and the Pirellis. W

jayesler guest

I just moved back south and traded my 09 x5 diesel on a M3. I had the stock 18" all season run flats and drove it through two iowa winters with absolutely no issues at all. The 18's should suit you well.

mrglock

How is the wear on the snow tires on the X5? I have gotten 3 years worth on the set for my e90. I might be able to get another one as well.