Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tlamb, Dec 3, 2010.

Tlamb guest

Anyone here playing it?

Surprise I haven't seen a thread here on it yet.

I'm enjoying it so far, although a bit disappointed the career mode isn't much different than past GT games.

Have yet to buy a BMW, although I am having fun in a sweet Mini Cooper S that has served me well in many of the early races.

What are anyone else's opinions on the game? Love it, hate it? Don't give a crap?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Have you lost your job, or what?

You have time for Gran Turismo 5?!

Tlamb guest

Ha Ha. I manage to get some time in for games once in a while. But for me, it's a great way to relieve stress and relax.

az3579

I'm busy as hell yet still make time for it. It's that good.

Really disappointed that at least 75% of the cars in the game are Japanese, though. :rolleyes:

Michgndr89

Can't say I've had the pleasure. Most of my gaming involves an F-16 add-on to Flight Sim X.

What platform are you on? Maybe I can make a late entry to my Xmas wish list.

az3579

GT5 is only available on the PlayStation 3.

Deutsch Marques

I'm still trying to finish up the careers in Dirt (the first one!), Grid, Forza 3 (never finished 2) and PGR4. Though I've been seeing reviews where GT5 is good, but not as good as it should have been given the PS3 platform and the eons it took them to make the game.

Michgndr89

To quote Montgomery Burns..."Excellent". That's the box the kids have.

Tlamb guest

I think the years of growing hype made many people feel like the game wasn't everything it should have been.

Personally, I've been loving it. I've played the Forza series too, and enjoyed that as well. There's so much to do in GT5, it becomes very overwhelming.

But I do agree one of the bummers is the ridiculous proportion of Japanese cars. There are some cars in Forza 3 that I would have loved to have in GT5 (BMW GT3 Race Car, Fiat 500 Abarth) that aren't there, but we get 18 versions RX-7s.

However, the physics of driving make the game. That, and everything else you can do surrounding cars.