Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

ABS/DCS/BRAKE=Modulemaster.com

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Autohaus, Nov 30, 2010.

Autohaus guest

Thanks to Moosehead and a boatload of text messages to him, my mechanic just shipped my abs modul to modulemaster. Along with the lighs coming on after a few minutes of driving each morning, my speedometer stopped working along with a sudden cut-off of power just about 5K rpm's and a CEL. Two codes came up which were:

speed sensor
    ABS module (something along those lines)

I should receive the module sometime next week as turn around time is five (5) days. I will keep you guys posted.

Autohaus guest

Module has been repaired and installed for over two weeks. So far so good :D

az3579

Sweet, so now the only issue is the DRL's?
    I'm thinking you could solve that problem by having it reprogrammed to not have them...

Autohaus guest

As you know, my DRL's don't work because of the used LKM which Kamal installed last year as I couldn't swing the $750 stealer fee for a new LKM with coding. So whenever I do not have my headlights on, I get the low beam warning (car image) on my cluster since my DRL's are inop. However, you gave me an idea as maybe Kamal can attempt to fool the unit to have the DRL function turned off, thus elimimating the low beam warning.