Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E34 Front License Plate

Discussion in 'E34 (1989-1995)' started by alautanen, Nov 27, 2010.

alautanen guest

Bought a 1995 525i a couple months ago and the plates just came in the mail. I put the back one on fine but I'm having trouble with the front one. I know the front license plate strip that says "BMW" on it is removable, but how do I take it off to put on the front plate?

John in VA

Looks like it snaps into place, but someone who knows for certain will pipe in!

[IMG]

alautanen guest

Thanks for the diagram. I got the strip off okay, but none of the holes line up for the plate. Is there some part I'm missing? Or is it the license plate that's off?

Greg E34

I think you need part # 12 in the diagram. Might need the hardware to attach it as well.

Edit: Just checked the garage and I have the one that was on my 525iT. PM me your address and I'll be happy to send it out to you. PN 51 18 1 908 062

alautanen guest

That'd be fantastic, thanks. I'm sure I can find some screws to put the actual plate on, but thanks again for the bracket. I'll send you my address

MGarrison

I always appreciate anyone being trusting, but as a matter of caution, it's probably advisable to not just throw out your home address. PM = Private Message, a feature of the boards/forums here that can be enabled by board users for private communications. You can also edit and delete your own posts after they've been posted. Just FYI - welcome to the forums, too!

alautanen guest

Thanks for that, but when I went to send the message, it said Greg E34 wasn't set up to receive them. Is there any other way I could give you (Greg E34) my info? Or could you enable private messages?

MGarrison

Yup, of course if the other one doesn't have PM enabled, that does kinda make it a moot point... hopefully they'll see the post here and change that. I see Greg E34 doesn't have the 'CCA box/icon below their name, so I wonder if PM is a feature only for board members who are also 'CCA members? You might have to post the addy again publicly briefly until they acknowledge they got it..

Greg E34

That's odd. I've received them before. Email me at collierville325ic@gmail.com.

Thanks

Greg

If you have any spare Natur Leder door panels, I'll take those..............:)

Greg E34

Nope, only parchment and black. Sorry.

I'm to the point where a set of black panels might be better......

Greg E34

If you're interested, there's a guy here locally parting out a 1995 with black interior. The '95 panels are the gathered leather ones that don't seem to delaminate like the earlier E34's. Here's the ad: http://memphis.craigslist.org/pts/2096086833.html If you want to contact him and work a deal for the door panels, I'll go get them for you. I also know of a set of the earlier door panels from a value package car (no wood trim) that are in fairly good shape. A friend and fellow chapter member is in the process of changing them out with a set of 1995 parchment panels that I found for him. Let me know if you would be interested in these.

Greg

Greg,

I contacted the craigslist posting and asked for prices and pictures. If the panels are a good deal, I'll be back in contact.

Thanks for the generous offer.

Jon

Greg E34

Good deal. A buddy of mine had talked to him some time ago about the door panels. I think he was looking for around $125 or so. You can get them in the local yards here for a little bit less, but 95 panels are few and far between. I ended up finding my buddy a set of parchment panels from a 95 so he passed on these.