Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Looking for the perfect car...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Deutsch Marques, Nov 24, 2010.

Lycoming engine, if I'm not mistaken.....

330indy1

searching for the perfect car? no such thing.

You have to get two to cover those bases.
    a vert, and then an "X, Y, or Z"

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I'm afraid he's right. . .

Much as we have strayed away from the original question, positing our own choices of the perfect car, everything is a compromise---especially when you factor in the open-top requirement. Hence my compromise: the 335i convertible. It comes closest, I think, to the original requirements.

If you have room in the garage and the budget for two cars, the 335i sedan and a Z4 make a nice---hey, wait a minute! That's MY garage!

If utility were less important, let me throw in my craving for a 6 Series convertible. Mannnn, I love that car---especially the one with the M badge! But it's a little too big for somebody my size. . . .

Deutsch Marques

Yeah, I know. It would have to be a custom-built one-off, and then it would probably look like a Frankencar. :eek: But there's some fun to be had in speculating or trying to see what people can come up with. For example, I never gave any thought to adding utility with a trailer.

Eh, we're still having fun though.

I know this is blasphemous on a BMW forum... especially the CCA's forum. But my Ultimate Dream Car has got to be the Aston Martin V8 Vantage. But even if I could afford one, I'm torn between the coupe which I think looks drop-dead sexy and has to be the prettiest car EVER made (IMO), and the roadster which gives up those sexy roof lines for the benefit of topless driving and being able to hear more of that beautiful exhaust note.

But even my dreams can't justify one of each, and neither satisfy the practicality I need in a daily driver. Well, I suppose if I ever replace the M3 with a different 2nd car, it would be one of those. And I'll just have to keep a daily driver around.

So... dropping the need for top-down driving, what satisfies all the other needs? :D

epbrown01

The two most common mistakes of modern man are these: trying to love two women, and trying to love one car. :)

The perfect car is TWO cars, typically one embracing utility and another embracing performance.

Tlamb guest

Exists, just not in America

I still completely wish that BMW would bring the hatchback 1 series to America. When I was in Germany, they were all over the place, and looked so versatile. No, it's not a convertable, but like Satch said, you have to have some compromise.

For me, the compromise would be the convertable, and this would match almost everything else.

Plus, you could get it in a bitchin' diesel!