Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

new member from Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by lugnuts, Nov 20, 2010.

lugnuts

hello everyone, just joined earlier this month. about a month ago I bought my first BMW a 2002 Le Mans blue M5. I flew down to TX and drove it home.

some pictures of the car the day I arrived home with it:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

That car is WAAAAY too pretty to have to winter over in the Windy City!

bluewagon

New Car

If you don't want to have it in winter. you could winter it in my garage in Florida. Fat chance I bet
    bluewagon

Zeichen311

So I read, "Le Mans blue M5" and thought, well, it won't have the Le Mans blue Sport interior with wood trim, they never do....
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Where is the "green with envy" smiley?! That is the exact color combination I drooled over back when I dreamed of buying one new (before Life(tm) intervened). I always kept an eye out for it, used, until the madness passed. I had come to believe there wasn't one in the country (or if there was, the owner would be buried in it).

Welcome to the funhouse! I've never spent much time in Chicago, maybe I should make time to visit. Whereabouts are you? More important, where do you keep the keys?
    :D

345861 guest

I was looking for a 2003 in the same combo but with CF interior trim. The blue door panel inserts against black + wood is a bit busy for me. For me, wood = luxury and CF = sporty. Kind of liked the Audi RS6 of the same era with CF interior. None the less, a great looking car. Congrats on the purchase!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Wood equals luxury and kills the sport?

Saylor say:

Well, hey, the polished wood in the roadster was there when I got it! No WONDER I get beat on a regular basis by Party A's 335i!

Hold it: She has wood, too!

epbrown01

Nice, I think I've seen another here in Chicago. Someone in my building had a black E39 M5 and I always paused to admire it! (He traded it in on a Mini Cooper :confused:)

GSMetal

Love that color.

Is that a 2001 - and how many miles are on it?

I have a 01 (see photo to the left)