Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E60 Tire size on the front for 9.5x19" wheel?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by edyu, Nov 15, 2010.

edyu

I've found that 245/40 (thus all 245) stretches badly on the 9.5. Somehow 275/35 fits well on the 10.5 rear but front needs something bigger than 245. Checking online tirerack, it shows that 245 should fit on 9.5 but somehow it doesn't. Should I run 275 on the front as well or should I use 255 or 265 instead?

Thanks

granthr

What you don't like the stretched look!!! :D

[IMG]

edyu

LOL, that's exactly what tire would look like and what I'm trying to avoid.

MGarrison

Just be aware of the handling implications if you move towards running the same sizes all 4 corners. It's possible that the car would have less of a understeer bias, and unexpected oversteer can catch you out if you're not practiced with catching skids and skid recovery. If you have an awareness/experience with that, then you might enjoy a more-neutral handling vehicle.

edyu

Awareness yes. Experience, no. :)

CRKrieger

It's an E60, Marshall. All he'll do is wear out brakes faster because the car will be auto-correcting for him a little more often. I know this is hard for an E30 Guy© to grasp ... :rolleyes:

MGarrison

What, you don't think it's possible to get a new one all outta shape, even with traction controls? :D He might opt to turn 'em off every so often too.....!

edyu

Bah, the wheels don't even fit so no point to think about tires. :(